Road to Bavarity – part 1


"Bavarity" began as an experiment. One and a half years ago, my idea of writing a book about the topic of building culture in Bavaria took on shape. In the winter of 2022, I put together a corresponding prototype under the provisional title of "Building Bayern". For this purpose, I took a look at all essays I had already written on architecture, urban design, urban planning and environmental management in Bavaria. This included published contributions, unpublished articles and entirely new texts that I intended to write or were in different stages of completion. The result was a manuscript that I sent to select publishers. Springer Spektrum were very interested in the manuscript. In my discussions with the editor in charge of the project, the book took on a specific and decidedly scientific shape. In the spring of 2023 I completed the manuscript and discussed it with my alpha readers. The image indicates how my related work process looked like: I used a red pen and a neon marker to add notes, advance ideas and further develop the text.

"Bavarität: Krisenbewältigung im baukulturellen Raum" is available from Springer Spektrum and all booksellers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Veranstaltungshinweis – Landshut ist schön. Warum ist das so? – Gespräche zur bayerischen Baukultur

Bavarität – ein Bild zu "Raum für Visionen"

Bavarität – ein Bild zu "Raum als Text"